Quilt Instructions Part 2Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Here is the full quilt. The quilt measures 88" x 88". You could easily add more blocks to get a larger quilt....or reduce the number for a smaller quilt. You need 64 pieced star blocks and 57 cream alternating blocks.
Barb added 3 pieced star blocks in the "alternating block" space. She used lighter prints for the stars. You barely see them and they don't interfere with the overall design of this piece. These three light blocks just add a bit of whimsy and visual interest. I know you will want to do this too....So here are pictures of the three light star blocks she added.
Pieced Block Instructions
* Cut 8 - 2 1/2” squares each from a dark print.
* Cut 8 - 2 1/2” squares from a medium print.
* Cut 12 - 2 1/2” squares from the background fabric.
* Make the half-square triangle units needed for a block and piece the block together. Repeat for 61 pieced blocks.
* Refer to the pictures of the 3 blocks above and make three light star blocks.
* Cut 57 - 8 1/2” squares from the background fabric for the alternating blocks.
* Sew the quilt top together.
Ruffle instructions will follow. I need to do a bit more photography for these.
Phoebe sent a couple of pictures I want to share. She used the free pattern "Souvenir de France"
"I just finished the "Souvenir de France" and I love this design, though I modified the chart a little bit to fit the size of my scissors, I made the chart into a little case for my Sajou "Tour Eiffel" scissors.
Thank you Phoebe for sending in those pictures. Great idea for this small stitched piece!
Until later dear friends.