ProjectsSunday, July 19, 2009
I'm sorry for the lack of posting. It's project time around here though. When Barb and I get in this mode everything else comes to a screeching halt. No home cooked meals or niceties around here. We just have to hope there are some kind of left overs in the frig.
What's in the works around here? Here goes.....
Our current projects:
1. The new loose feather project has been completed...I'm doing the pattern layout now. They will go to the printer this week and ship out to the shops on August 1st. The picture below is a photograph of all the bonus sewing accessories provided in the Loose Feather patterns this year. Each Loose Feather pattern provides one of the sewing accessory patterns. The house design on the floss ring is the latest design to be added. It's a quick stitch!
2. A new Reward of Merit pattern, Summer Iris has been in the works and will be released with the next Loose Feather pattern. It will be in the shops the first week in August. This pattern also has a small strawberry pattern too. It's made from a bit of wool.
3. Barb has just completed a new Halloween quilt. Dave is going to mow the lawn today so I can get out and do photography for the quilt pattern. (He will start the mowing, just as soon as his weeding is done! I know how to torture a husband....just ask Dave!) This pattern will be out as soon as I photograph it, write the pattern and get it back from the printers. This will mean about 2-3 weeks. I know you will love this one.
4. Barb is working on a Halloween cross stitch book. I mentioned this in the blog earlier. Three projects have been stitched....but we need 10 more. They are being stitched now and won't take too much longer. Look for the book in August.
5. We are finalizing our next fabric line for Moda fabrics that will be shown at fall market. We have approved the second round of colors and did some work on the large scale print. Usually that means that more proofs will be coming soon as fall Quilt Market will be here in about 15 minutes. We are beginning our line of fabric for spring market now too.
6. Several teaching projects are in the works. Our first teaching event will be at Virginia Beach, VA. Dyeing to Stitch is hosting the retreat October 2 - 4, 2009. Click on the shop name for their site and retreat information. Should be lots of fun! Lots of teachers and projects.
Our second event is hosted by Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI. The Boxwood and Berries annual event is held Nov. 11-14. We will be teaching a small quilted project. Maggie Bonanomi and Stacy Nash will be there too. Country Sampler will be decorated for Christmas and this will be the first time we've seen it for the holiday. Not to be missed.
I might have to go and take a nap! Not really.....I've got a couple more things to tell you and then back to work.
I've been tagged by Veronique in Paris to let you know three things that make me happy.
So here goes!
1. My family. They keep me in laughter, joy, worry, tears and love. Don't families provide the best and worst in life? How can we forget the first time our kids drive down the drive-way and into the world by themselves for the first time? The agony of it all.....and the ecstasy when they make it safely back.
2. My friends....where would I be without them?
3. My stitching. Much joy comes from making quilts and samplers. I love when everything seems to come together just right.
Click on Veronique's name and check her blog out. I know you will want to see her basket of pin keeps! Wow! You can tell what makes her happy.
Thank you for all of the kind comments about the dining room. Pictures of the family room will follow ....but cleaning is called for first!
I set up all of the stockings that have been stitched so far this year on my silvered tree. This cross stitch stocking series by Barb is really sweet. I need to do this where the light is better! You can tell I took the picture in the dining room.
Until later dear friends!