Walnut IowaFriday, June 19, 2009
I've got my walking shoes packed. I'm leaving today for a very short trip to Walnut, Iowa. My friend Flona is from the Walnut area and she has invited Linda, Barb and myself to come and experience the Walnut Antique Show. Flona's sister lives there and has a rental house available for us. We have to take blow-up mattresses, pillows and our towels. (Like camping inside)
But wooohooo!!! Sounds like fun.
I wish Barb would go...but she thinks she should stay home and get caught up on some things. I'm thinking about the "bucket list" movie....you know where you make the list of all the things you want to do before you die. Not that Barb and I have any plans on that front....but we've always talked about going to the Walnut Antique show and here is a chance to go with fun friends. And 300 vendors....it doesn't get much better than that.
Quick list of what we have in the works:
1. June and July stocking patterns will be released in two weeks. I'm working on photography and patterns. They will be turned into the printer on Monday.
2. We are going to release a free quilt pattern on-line. I'm working on the pattern....it will be released the end of next week. Look for it then.
3. We are working on a Halloween Stocking book. It will have 13 stockings for spooky fun! It will be released mid-July. Just in time for you to stitch.
4. We have postponed the quilt book release until fall. We are going to add the quilts planned for the summer release to the fall book and then add more to make it a stronger publication....(that's the reason for the free quilt pattern on the blog site.)
5. Harvest my lavender...take a look on the picture above. The white lavender is in full bloom around here. I want to dry some of it.
Will post more probably Sunday. I know you will want to see some pictures of the antique show. Hope to see you there!
Until later dear friends!